ST. ANDREW'S CHURCH
Stanstead Abbotts, Hertfordshire
The Church of St. Andrew in Stanstead Abbotts was built to replace St. James’ Church (at the opposite end of the village) in 1881 to plans by Alfred Waterhouse. It became the parish church in 1882.
The design is very much in the medieval style with a crossing tower and 3-bay nave.
only a Victorian structure, it stands
proudly on rising ground and is very impressive when seen from the
Stanstead Abbotts a duo of very attractive church buildings.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller