This very handsome small church in a village literally split in two by the A1 thundering through it dates largely to the 15th Century and in the Perpendicular style with distinctive layers of stonework.
The Church was altered greatly, particularly inside, in the early 1600s. Two hundred and fifty years later (around 1874) the whole church was renovated and an ancient mural painting was discovered on the north wall of the nave depicting St. Catherine.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller