ST. CUTHBERT'S CHURCH
This small church in the centre of Thetford dates to the 13th Century, the oldest surviving parts now being the south doorway and piscine in the Chancel. However, most of the church dates to a very extensive rebuild from the mid-1800s.
The tower fell down around 1850 and so was entirely rebuilt in 1852, work then began on the remainder of the church which completed around 1865. The north aisle was added early in the 20th Century.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J.
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller