THUNDRIDGE NEW CHURCH
(Wadesmill Church), Hertfordshire
The Old Church at Thundridge, often called Cold Christmas Church to differentiate it from St. Mary’s, was built around 1086.
By 1853 the focus of the village had moved and so a new church was started on the present site, in part using some of the material from the old church, leaving more or less only the tower standing.
This new church is also sometimes, confusingly, referred to as Wadesmill Church. It is built very much in the traditional style of the time and is more remarkable for its dominant position, especially when seen from the A10 than anything about its actual structure.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J.
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller