ST. THOMAS' CHURCH
When St. Thomas Chapel ceased to be used as parish church for Brentwood a new church was commissioned and constructed in 1835. It had a short and rather blighted history having been built very poorly indeed and almost immediately bits started to fall off.
In 1881 the new church was begun to designs by local architect Mr E C Lee. The second church was demolished and for a brief period Brentwood was without a church. Enough of the new church was ready for it to be consecrated in 1883. The tower was completed in 1887 and the interior work was all completed by 1897.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller