TURNHAM GREEN CHURCH
A church was built for the newly created parish of Turnham Green between 1843 and 1845 to designed by George Gilbert Scott. The land was formerly common land and the remaining green is still public. The church was extended in 1887.
Like many places in London Turnham Green is a rather indistinct place in itself with only the church and the Tube Station really giving it any focus, otherwise it is a bit on the edge of Chiswick most memorable because of its pun-worthy name “Turn Them Green” (Turn ‘em green).
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller