West Riding of Yorkshire
Full dedication: Cathedral Church of All Saints
Became a Cathedral in 1888
This very large Cathedral started life in the Saxon period, was heavily rebuilt during the Norman period and then extensively rebuilt in Perpendicular style in the 15th century, which is basically the church that remains today. It was heavily restored by George Gilbert Scott in the 1850s, including the rebuilding of the spire which is the tallest in Yorkshire at 247 feet.
Further extensions were made after the church became a Cathedral in 1888.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller