JOHN'S METHODIST CHURCH
had two previous churches (one wood and one stone) before this building
constructed. The site in Argyle
Road was bought in 1865 and the building
in 1868. The previous Methodist
Church was subsequently sold
to the Baptists for
twice the price of the land in Argyle Road, thereby making the Methodist Church
a small profit!
The Church had no designation until 1932 when it
for St. John.
During the 1970s a major refurbishment of the church was undertaken, a
programme of expansion took place in the early 21st Century
church was rededicated in June 2008.
- Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches,
Abbeys etc... page
Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and
Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller