The church was begun around 1454 with funding from Winchcombe Abbey, Lord Ralph Boteler of Sudeley Castle and the local populace. It was completed in 1470 and has remained remarkably unchanged since then.
Repairs were undertaken in 1590 and again in 1690 when some of the battlements fell through the roof. Two hundred years later the church was in need of repair and the roof in particular was heavily rebuilt at this time. This does not seem to have helped that much as the roof was once again the focus of rebuilding work which culminated as recently as 1984.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller