HOLY TRINITY, BROMPTON
Linked to St. Pauls Onslow Square, this church dates to the period of expansion of Kensington in the early 19th Century. Until the 1820s the only church for Kensington was St. Mary Abbotts. A decision was made to building a new church on empty land in the north of the borough and in 1829 Holy Trinity was consecrated. Although there have been subsequent alterations, it is still fairly clearly that church that stands here today.
In the 1870s a vast chunk of the lands of the church were sold to the Catholic Church for the construction of the Brompton Oratory and today Holy Trinity sits behind that much larger building in quiet seclusion.
Holy Trinity is the home of the Alpha course, pioneered by Nicky Gumbel in the early 2000s it has become a very successful initiative.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller