CHURSTON FERRERS CHURCH

Devon

Churston Ferrers Church, Devon

The earliest place of worship here was a Chapel which was granted to the Priory at Totnes in 1143. In 1480 it was turned over to parochial use, but still was served from Brixham. Subsequent to that period the church became a parish church in its own right and was expanded at various times over the next few hundred years.

The east window was designed by James Paterson and dedicated in 1957. It was paid for by Agatha Christie who lived nearby at Greenway.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2016


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery