CODICOTE CHURCH

Hertfordshire

Codicote Church, Hertfordshire

Codicote Church was dedicated around 1110 by Ralph, Bishop of Rochester. However, the majority of what remains dates from the 15th Century with some 13th Century survivals. The west tower is 15th Century with a Hertfordshire spike. A 12th Century window has survived in the nave but the rest is 14th and 15th Century. The pulpit is Jacobean.

Everything else was heavily restored around 1853 and although done with some sensitivity it has rather robbed the church of its ancient feel in exchange for a degree of neatness of appearance.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2013


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery