ST. MARGARET LOTHBURY
City of London
Positively squashed between buildings belonging to the Bank of England, St. Margaret Lothbury is a simple but traditional Wren church dating to between 1686 and 1700. The exterior is plain and faced with Portland Stone, which means it blends in with the surrounding structures.
The interior is mostly of dark woodwork with bits and pieces moved from other churches such as the screen from All-Hallows-the-Great and the altar piece from St. Olave Jewry which were both moved here when their respective churches were demolished.
This is the "St Margarets" in the Oranges and Lemons Rhyme.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller