LUXEMBOURG CATHEDRAL

Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Luxembourg Cathedral, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Dedicated, like so many Catholic Cathedrals, to Notre Dame, the Cathedral in Luxembourg started out life as a Jesuit church in 1613.

It is one of the last great Gothic Cathedrals of Europe, although it was subsequently remodelled extensively. It became the Church of Notre Dame in 1750 and was elevated to Cathedral status in 1870.

Enlargement and expansion was undertaken in the 1930s.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2010


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery