ST. FERRÉOL'S CHURCH
The first church built here at the foot of the Old Harbour of Marseille was built by the Knights Templars in the 12th Century. After they were disbanded the church was acquired, in 1369, by Augustinian monks. The church was rebuilt around 1542.
In 1804 the city planners demolished two fifths of the church and a neo-Baroque façade was placed at the front of the building, giving it the look it now has.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
Jacqui Harris, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller