St Andrews Church stands on ground used since Saxon times for worship. The church, though, dates on to the 12th Century. Only the nave of the church is that old, much of the remainder was built between 1400 and the tower not started until 1418 and not completed until 1450.
The church has always been the centre of the village here and has been continuously upgraded over the centuries so it is now something of an amalgam of styles and dates. The last major addition was a new clock being added to celebrate the Coronation of George VI in 1937.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller