ST. MARTIN ORGAR
City of London
The Tower of St. Martin Orgar is all that remains close by the entrance to Cannon Street Station. It is a dark brick tower with few embellishments and was built around 1851. Nearby stood a medieval church which was demolished in 1820 to make way for this church which was in turn knocked down after World War II inflicted damage. Only the tower was left. A clock juts out from the tower.
The church is the closest to the source of the Great Fire of London.
This is the "St Martins" in the Oranges and Lemons Rhyme.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller