SHEFFIELD PROTESTANT CATHEDRAL

West Riding of Yorkshire

Sheffield Protestant Cathedral, West Riding of Yorkshire

Full dedication: Cathedral Church of St. Peter and St. Paul
Became a Cathedral in 1914

A parish church was built here in the 12th century.  This was heavily rebuilt in the 15th when the spire was added. The nave was extended in the 19th century.  This church was promoted to Cathedral status in 1914.  After World War II a decision was made to expand the Cathedral, but the work wasn't carried out until 1966.

Photo - Andrew J. Müller

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc...

Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page


© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller, Roy Barton
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller
2009


Go to Home PagespaceGo to Andrew J. MullerspaceGo to Roy BartonspaceGo to Shaun RunhamspaceGo to Writing
Go to Castles of the UK and IrelandspaceGo to Castles of EuropespaceGo to Churches, Cathedrals, Abbeys etc.spaceGo to Travel PagesspaceGo to The Gallery