OLD PARISH CHURCH, ZAKOPANE
When the church was begun in 1847, Zakopane was a small mountain hamlet. The church was dedicated to St. Clement and enlarged around five years after its initial construction.
The church is best known today for being built entirely of wood, as are the monuments in the churchyard, giving it a rather jolly appearance.
By the 1870s the church was considered too small to continue to be the Parish Church for Zakopane which was rapidly growing in size.
Photo - Andrew J. Müller
Back to Cathedrals, Churches, Abbeys etc... page
© Text copyright - Raving Loony Productions and Andrew J. Müller,
and Shaun Runham
© Photos and Artwork - Andrew J. Müller
© Web Design and Layout - Andrew J. Müller